Below is a video summing up what we’ve been building and some recent news updates from the MiLL.
If you have any questions or would like to partner with us and get involved, make sure to reach out by contacting us here.
“Companies Need to Look to the MiLL”
Over the next decade it is expected that 3.4 million manufacturing jobs will have to be filled. The news of more job availability indicates the growth of manufacturing, but companies face a major problem.
Despite the large projection in the number of jobs, 2 million are expected to remain empty due to the large skills gap. There will be 2.7 million baby boomers in manufacturing that will retire, but only 1.4 million jobs will then be filled.
- Carolyn Stephen, Woodworking Network
“Cabinet Makers Association to hold Colorado regional event at the MiLL”
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Cabinet Makers Association will host a regional event on November 9, 2018 in Colorado Springs. This one-day event will be held at the MiLL National Training Center and will include a tour of Concepts in Millwork. The day will begin at The MiLL to learn more about their program and see the training center during a school day.
Then, a panel discussion with representatives from Concepts in Millwork will explain what it takes to have a successful internship program; a former student and current employee of Concepts will also share his story...
RECENT NEWS from The MiLL:
- Answering the Call (main article PDF)
- Answering the Call (cover)
- MiLL Training Center starts New Year (2018)
- Companies Need to Look to the MiLL (Sept. 25, 2018)
- CMA to Hold Colorado Regional Event at the MiLL
Colorado Department of Education:
- Stories of Promising Practice: Peyton School District Woods Manufacturing Program (article and video)
The Gazette Editorial Board:
Colorado Springs Business Journal (CSBJ):
The Woodworking Network:
- International Woodworking Fair supports wood Manufacturing Industry Learning Lab
- Wood Industry 40 Under 40 winner overcomes challenges to focus on students
- New National Manufacturing Training Center will include Woodworking
- New National Training Center site open doors and draws large crowd
- MiLL Training Center Starts New School Year